Coffee Shops in New York City are every bit as important as the city itself. With over 230 of them in the city, coffee shops are the perfect place to unwind after a long day or to warm up for a long day ahead of you. The culture and style in each coffee shop is unique making each a special experience in its own way. This map includes coffee shops in most areas of Manhattan and Brooklyn including the touristy areas like Soho, Times Square as well as some Brooklyn gems.
Coffee Shops In New York City
Use the map below to find the best coffee shop in NYC.
New York City (NYC), often called simply New York, is the most populous city in the United States. With an estimated 2019 population of 8,336,817 distributed over about 302.6 square miles (784 km2), New York City is also the most densely populated major city in the United States. Located in the Northeastern United States, New York City is the largest urban agglomeration in North America.
What is a Coffee Shop?
Coffee shops have actually been around for many years. They first became popular in the Arabian Peninsula and they were the center of many social activities. Many people gathered at coffee shops (or called coffee houses back then) to enjoy their favourite brew while talking to their friends and exchanging important information with others.
Popular Types of Coffee
You walk into a coffee shop and you see the menu with various options to choose from. If you feel overwhelmed by all these options and you’re not sure which type of coffee to order, then have a look at the list below.
- Black Coffee – Normal brewed coffee with no added dairy
- Espresso – A very strong and bitter kind of coffee
- Latte – A sweet and creamy version of an Espresso
- Americano – A diluted Espresso that tastes similar to brewed coffee
- Flat White – A strong coffee with added dairy
- Cappucino – A coffee with a sweet and bold taste
- Macchiato – A coffee like a Latte but the steamed milk is poured in before the espresso
Is Coffee Good for You?
Yes, it is. But try to consume it in moderation.
Coffee contains caffeine which is full of antioxidants, and therefore it has many positive effects on the human body. This includes:
- It makes you more focussed and alert
- It has a positive effect on your liver
- It lowers your risk of getting certain diseases like Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, and Cancer
- It can help you lose weight
Nothing beats having your favourite type of coffee at a coffee shop in NYC while engaging in conversation with a friend, or while you are catching up on the news of the day. If you’re not sure where the best coffee shops in NYC are, please use the map above to find them now.