You may not have been there, but you’ve likely heard of the popular coffee shops in Los Angeles: Peet’s Coffee and Tea, Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts. And while these familiar coffee shops are popular spots in just about every city there are still others worth mentioning. Whether you’re trying to locate the perfect place for your next work meeting or simply want a quick caffeine fix on your way to another adventure in Los Angeles, the map below shows a few high-quality coffee shops in Los Angeles that you should know about.
Coffee Shops In Los Angeles
Use the map below to find the best coffee shop in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles is one of the most wide spread cities in the country. It has a population density of about 1,000 people per square mile, making it the most densely populated large city in North America. This makes it difficult to define any true boundaries to the city. Despite the fact that some don’t refer to Los Angeles as one city, everyone does agree that one particular thing is true: Los Angeles has an incredible culture and a vibrant food scene. There are also lots of attractions, museums, theaters and historic buildings downtown. Many celebrities live there, including Hollywood Studios used for filming movies and television shows.
What is a Coffee Shop?
Coffee shops have actually been around for many years. They first became popular in the Arabian Peninsula and they were the center of many social activities. Many people gathered at coffee shops (or called coffee houses back then) to enjoy their favourite brew while talking to their friends and exchanging important information with others.
Popular Types of Coffee
You walk into a coffee shop and you see the menu with various options to choose from. If you feel overwhelmed by all these options and you’re not sure which type of coffee to order, then have a look at the list below.
- Black Coffee – Normal brewed coffee with no added dairy
- Espresso – A very strong and bitter kind of coffee
- Latte – A sweet and creamy version of an Espresso
- Americano – A diluted Espresso that tastes similar to brewed coffee
- Flat White – A strong coffee with added dairy
- Cappucino – A coffee with a sweet and bold taste
- Macchiato – A coffee like a Latte but the steamed milk is poured in before the espresso
Is Coffee Good for You?
Yes, it is. But try to consume it in moderation.
Coffee contains caffeine which is full of antioxidants, and therefore it has many positive effects on the human body. This includes:
- It makes you more focussed and alert
- It has a positive effect on your liver
- It lowers your risk of getting certain diseases like Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, and Cancer
- It can help you lose weight
Nothing beats having your favourite type of coffee at a coffee shop in Los Angeles while engaging in conversation with a friend, or while you are catching up on the news of the day. If you’re not sure where the best coffee shops in Los Angeles are, please use the map above to find them now.